Bill Dillon is a real estate attorney who counsels real estate developers, investors and institutions on the acquisition, permitting, development, financing and leasing of properties throughout the United States.
Bill’s clients are primarily involved in the retail, office, multifamily, affordable housing, and education industries. His clients acquire, develop and finance mixed-use projects, economic development projects, and urban and suburban retail facilities. He also counsels several colleges and universities on their real estate development and leasing matters, and routinely works with foreign investors looking to invest in United States real estate. Bill helps developers utilize various state and federal incentives for housing and economic development, such as New Markets Tax Credits, I-Cubed bonds and EB-5 financing.
Bill serves as the Co-Managing Director of the firm. Previously, Bill has served as Co-Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Group and Co-Chair of its Retail, Restaurant & Consumer Industry Group. He is a founding member of the firm's retail blog, the Retail Law Advisor. Bill currently serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Inclusion Advisory Committee, which focuses on advancing diversity and inclusion internally and within client service-focused efforts. He has been actively involved in the Diversity Lab’s annual Diversity in Law Hackathon Series to pursue and implement solutions to improve diversity in law firms.
- Best Lawyers in America® (2005-2022): Real Estate Law
- Chambers USA, "America’s Leading Business Lawyers," 2007-2012
- Project Place, a nonprofit agency serving homeless men and women in Boston, Board of Directors
- Social Capital, Inc., a nonprofit whose mission is to strengthen communities by connecting diverse individuals and organizations through civic engagement, Board of Directors
- Greater Boston Legal Services, Board of Directors
- Urban Land Institute, Boston Market Council
- Harvard College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1991)
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1995)