Yari Sanchez is a real estate lawyer who provides clients with valuable assistance in development, permitting, zoning, acquisition, disposition, financing, and related matters.
She represents clients in the development of mixed-use, office, retail, institutional and multi-family residential projects across the United States. Her work often involves complex projects, such as multi-phased, master-planned developments, office/labspace projects, and ground lease developments. Significant projects for which she has provided assistance include the Seaport Square and Cambridge Crossing developments. Among other aspects of practice, Yari handles research and due diligence, as well as the preparation and negotiation of numerous kinds of legal agreements and supporting documents.
The many types of clients Yari serves include public and private companies, joint ventures, general and limited partnerships, foreign investors, private and charitable foundations, and public-private partnerships. Through her work for these clients, Yari is familiar with special concerns particular to many industry sectors, such as higher education, health care, residential, and real estate development in general.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Yari served for more than three years as a legislative aide and community liaison for the New York City Council, including for the Office of Speaker Christine C. Quinn. In this capacity, Yari worked on government-side permitting for real estate developments, taking account of community concerns and business development goals for the district she served, and meeting with developers, business owners, and other community leaders.
She also served as a judicial intern to the late Honorable Deborah A. Batts in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Yari’s personal interests include travel and running. She has run and completed the New York City and Chicago marathons.
- Nominated and selected as a 2020 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder, enabling her to participate in a professional development and networking program that includes general and in-house counsel from leading global and nationwide companies.
- Summer Search Boston, current Board Member and former Associate Board Co-Chair for organization that provides personal development and full-time mentoring opportunities to low-income high school students, paving the way for a 100 percent high school graduation rate and a nearly 70 percent college graduation rate (compared to just 20 percent for their similarly-situated peers).
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Columbia University (B.A., 2009)