Real estate and lending, particularly in connection with the representation of financial institutions in real estate and corporate transactions, are the focus of Jim Lerner's practice. Jim represents financial institutions in structuring and documenting commercial transactions with a special emphasis on large multi-lender financial transactions involving construction and acquisition real estate financings, mixed use developments, secured and unsecured REIT financings, security and asset based lending involving leverage buy-outs, dealer financing, restructuring and work-outs, including tiered debt financing, equity financing and intercreditor issues. Chambers USA recognizes James as a "thorough, diligent and practical lawyer who demonstrates a strong 'can-do approach' and exceptionally responsive." Jim is a Director at the firm.
- Represented Bank as agent bank for a syndicate of lenders in a recast of a $900,000,000 revolver and term loan facility to a private REIT.
- Represented Bank as agent bank for a syndicate of lenders in a $190,000,000 senior term facility and $50,000,000 mezzanine term facility to One Channel Center LLC covering the State Street Bank headquarters building in the Seaport area in Boston, MA.
- Represented Bank as agent bank for a syndicate of lenders in a $175,000,000 term and renovation facility covering the Granada Highlands Apartments in Malden, MA.
- Represented Agent in a $90 million senior facility and a $15 million Mezzanine Facility in a multi-lender financing involving a major office building in Chicago.
- Represented a syndication of lenders in a $198 million senior facility and $49.5 million Mezzanine Facility for office building portfolio located throughout the southeastern United States.
- Represented a syndication of national lenders for a $180 million facility involving the assignment of ownership interest in various real estate investment vehicles.
- Represented Bank in a $40 million line of credit to a public company.
- Represented Bank in connection with a $50 million revolving facility for a privately held REIT.
- Represented a syndication of national lenders in a $170 million senior facility and a $35 million Mezzanine facility involving a major trophy office building in Chicago.
- Represented a syndication of national real estate lenders in a $173 million construction financing for mixed-use retail and hotel project.
- Represented a syndication of national lenders in a $120 million financing facility secured by assignment of ownership interests in various real estate limited partnership and limited liability company investment vehicles.
- Represented a syndication of national lenders for a $50 million construction loan for storage facilities located throughout the United States.
- Represented a syndication of national lenders for a $340 Million construction loan for office buildings located throughout the United States.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Real Estate Finance Association, Board Member and Past President
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Chambers USA, "America’s Leading Business Lawyers," 2012-2014
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2014
- Panelist, Real Estate Bar Association (REBA) seminar for leasehold financing-recent developments
- Panelist, Boston Bar Association on basics of real estate financing
- Panelist, Boston Retail Leasing Symposium on leasing issues from a lender’s perspective, International Council of Shopping Centers