Senior Billing Specialist
Goulston & Storrs, an AmLaw 200 law firm, is seeking a motivated, detail oriented and customer service focused Senior Billing Specialist to join our team. This position is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate generation of client invoices, including: preparation and distribution of pre-bills, ensuring final bills comply with client billing guidelines, posting bills for assigned billing attorneys or clients (including electronic bill submission), producing reports on request, preparing monthly accruals as needed, and managing the WIP inventory. In addition to performing core billing tasks, this position will help drive strategic billing initiatives, including technology and process improvement projects, and will focus on more complex billing tasks, including e-billing and large client accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with assigned attorneys and /or Legal Administrative Assistants on a monthly basis to review WIP;
- Create monthly and on-demand pre-bills;
- Prepare, review, edit, and post all billing for assigned attorneys or clients;
- Apply on account fees, on account disbursements, and retainers;
- Prepare and submit electronic billing and monthly accruals through specified e-billing systems;
- Assist with creating new and editing existing bill groups;
- Prepare reports relative to time, hours, etc. upon request;
- Assist with the opening of new matters for assigned attorneys;
- Provide training and mentoring to other billers;
- Propose and help implement workflow and process changes to increase efficiency with the billing process;
- Take a lead role in e-billing and large client accounts; and
- Assist with other projects as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Professional attitude, reliable and strong work ethic;
- Must be well organized and a motivated self-starter;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines and deliver exceptional results;
- Must be accurate, detail and deadline oriented, organized and flexible;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Proficiency with Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Expertise with Aderant or Elite (Aderant preferred); and
- A high level of proficiency in e-billing and experience with eBilling-Hub as well as the major e-billing vendors.
Bachelor’s degree preferred and 6 - 12 years of law firm billing experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
This job description is intended to be general and may evolve over time. It is subject to periodic updating and is subject, at the firm’s discretion, to the assignment of different or additional duties.
Goulston & Storrs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, handicap, disability or veteran status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Goulston & Storrs complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.View Less