Goulston & Storrs' Development, Land Use & Zoning Group counsels developers, property owners, tenants, architects, contractors and institutional investors.
Our clients develop substantial commercial real estate projects, including retail, office, sustainable energy, hotel, multifamily residential, mixed-use projects and sports facilities in New England, DC, New York and beyond. We are also counsel to numerous governmental bodies, including the Boston Planning & Development Agency.
Our firm is nationally recognized as a leading real estate law firm. When we see a site plan, we recognize potential issues and offer viable solutions. We are experienced in matters relating to wetlands, air and water quality, traffic and parking, zoning, contaminated property reuse, historical restrictions and environmental regulation. We know the market, have strong working relationships with regulatory agencies and know how to get deals done. Our litigators are prepared for land use cases of every kind.
We help our clients navigate through all aspects of the development cycle, including:
- Site acquisition and assembly
- Development transactions with governmental authorities
- Zoning, permitting and land use litigation
- Green development and smart growth
- Historic Preservation
- Joint Ventures
- Design and construction contracts
- Development and property management agreements
- Condominium and other forms of common ownership
- Construction and permanent financing
- Leasing, including ground leases