The healthcare industry, one of the highest growth industries globally, relies heavily upon interdisciplinary teams of professionals to maintain stability. High-stakes issues, challenging landscapes, and important stakeholders require sophisticated legal solutions.
Goulston & Storrs’ attorneys counsel non-profit and for-profit organizations across nearly every sector of the healthcare industry. We routinely guide a range of health care industry constituents through some of the most challenging and important efforts these organizations undertake. Our clients include academic medical centers, hospitals, and clinics; trade associations, professional and industry groups; managed care and health maintenance organizations; insurers; home health agencies; nursing homes and assisted living facilities; telemedicine providers; technology transfer offices; health information technology companies; research foundations; medical device companies and specialty care providers.
Additionally, we counsel family-owned and national companies, long-term care, retirement communities, assisted living and nursing home providers, as well as physicians, dentists and other healthcare practitioners (both individual practitioners and group practices).
Some of the areas we counsel clients across the health care industry include:
- Corporate compliance matters, including antitrust, ERISA, Medicare & Medicaid
- Corporate governance and best practices
- Employment, including strategic affiliations and practice equity protection agreements and non-compete agreements
- Financing & equity investments
- For-profit and non-profit affiliations and strategic collaborations
- Fundraising and development
- Governmental audits and investigations as well as regulatory enforcement, including fraud & abuse
- Innovation development
- Intellectual property
- Joint ventures
- Licensure, professional credentialing and certification
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Privacy and Security, including HIPAA
- Real estate, including development and expansion, zoning and permitting
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk management and insurance
- Tax, including compensation, Form 990 reporting and ACA compliance, lobbying guidance and unrelated business taxable income, tax credits, tax-exempt bond compliance and choice of entity
- Technology, including technology transfer