Our Corporate Capital Markets & Securities group counsels public companies, investment funds and privately held businesses regarding their financing, capital markets and securities compliance needs. Our attorneys work with national and international companies in a variety of industries and across multiple market segments.
Our attorneys contribute seasoned insight and perspective to clients through the firm’s deep experience in securities, venture capital, private equity, leveraged buyouts, project finance, mezzanine financing and tax. We provide advice on structuring and implementing financing vehicles that fit our clients’ particular needs within the current financial climate.
We have achieved a reputation for delivering sophisticated and creative financing solutions, including:
- Fund investments
- Venture capital financings, including angel, seed, early and late stage
- Private equity fund formation
- Strategic financings
- Liquidity-driven strategic mergers
- Private equity and leveraged buyouts
- Equity compensation arrangements
- Bankruptcy and workout-related financings
In the specific area of Securities, we assist clients with:
- Public securities offerings
- Pre-IPO planning
- Public company reporting and other corporate communications
- Corporate governance
- Private placements
- Public company mergers and going-private transactions
- Public company officer, director and shareholder duties and rights
Ongoing Representation of Public Companies
In addition to our extensive IPO and secondary offering experience we provide ongoing securities compliance, disclosure and board of directors counseling representation to our public company clients.
Going Private Transactions
We are regularly retained to represent issuers, acquirers, and special committees in public company going-private transactions. We are currently representing special committees of the boards of directors in two separate pending going-private transactions, and we recently completed a going-private transaction where we represented the acquirer.