Our Tax Group brings deep expertise and creative solutions to assist our clients in achieving their goals. We advise domestic and foreign publicly traded and privately held business enterprises, investment funds, individual entrepreneurs, institutional and private investors, and non-profit institutions, enhancing the after-tax returns associated with all of their entities and activities.
Our experience is unusually broad and deep, enabling us to render high-quality, comprehensive tax-structuring advice in connection with transactional, controversy, and private client matters.
Our tax attorneys and professionals are key business advisors and integrated members of client leadership teams. We work closely with our clients to not only provide critical solutions, but also to bridge and facilitate the coordination and advice of the investment advisors, accountants, and other third parties that act as liaisons who help to advance our client business growth.
We work seamlessly with our Real Estate, Corporate, Bankruptcy, and Private Client & Trust groups across all the firm. Clients especially appreciate and value the fact that our Tax Group has the expertise and practical experience to propose tax efficient alternative and creative structures that further their objectives.
Clients also value the diverse skill sets and experiences of our team members, who have collectively:
- Earned multiple advanced degrees in tax law and taxation;
- Published numerous articles in leading publications and presented at professional tax conferences
- Served as in-house tax advisors to financial services and medical device companies;
- Worked with the IRS and state taxing authorities to resolve numerous tax problems;
- Studied and worked in foreign countries; and
- Worked on matters involving complex international tax treaties.
Our team additionally includes accounting and fiduciary experts who work closely with our attorneys to expand the breadth and depth of our services. Our accounting professionals regularly perform financial analyses and graphic modeling to illustrate for clients the actual projected benefits of different alternative structures to entities and transactions based on varying economic performance assumptions.
Each of our tax professionals has significant expertise in a wide range of areas beyond tax that may affect a transaction, investment, or project. We understand legal issues pertinent to corporations, limited liability companies, real estate funds, joint ventures and partnerships, family offices and trusts, nonprofit foundations, and international organizations with cross-border interests and operations. Consequently, Goulston & Storrs tax attorneys are well-equipped to draft and negotiate transactional documents to implement the solutions that will optimize after-tax returns for our clients.
Our service areas include:
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Closely-Held & Family Businesses
- ERISA/Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Individual Tax Planning
- International Tax Planning
- Investment Tax Credits & Qualified Opportunity Zones
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Investment Funds
- Real Estate Joint Ventures & Equity Investment
- Real Estate Transactions
- Tax Controversy/Litigation
- Tax-Exempts and Non-Profits