Frank Ditta's practice focuses on complex real estate joint venture and corporate finance transactions. An Associate in the firm's Real Estate group, Frank drafts and revises purchase and sale agreements, joint venture agreements, loan agreements, pledge and security agreements, entity organizational documents and all other relevant materials for commercial real estate and corporate finance transactions.
- Representation of AION Partners in connection with the joint venture, preferred equity, acquisition (from a major insurance company) and financing of a 4035 unit multifamily portfolio located in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware.
- Represented a joint venture between an operating partner and a high net-worth individual in the acquisition and recapitalization of a $300MM trophy property located in New York City.
- Represented a publicly-traded REIT in the acquisition of a preferred equity interest in, and a joint venture with, a closely-held real estate operating company with properties throughout the western United States.
- Represented a commercial real estate fund and property owning entity in matters pertaining to the leasing of the entity’s 1MM+ SF trophy property located in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented an international hospitality company in connection with an island purchase in the Caribbean.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the purchase of a $23+MM senior mezzanine loan from an Irish bank secured by membership interests in a multi-property portfolio.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the purchase of two $21+MM junior mezzanine loans from a now defunct lender secured by membership interests in portfolio of multistate properties.
- Represented a joint venture between a hedge fund and an operating partner in a $35MM refinancing of a commercial property located in Suffolk County, New York.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition and financing of a $9+MM Upper East Side Manhattan mixed-used apartment building.
- Represented a joint venture between a hedge fund and an operating partner in obtaining $22+MM of financing secured by a first mortgage loan on commercial properties in Santa Clarita, California.
- Represented a hedge fund in originating a $15+MM first priority mortgage loan secured by a hotel property located in Brooklyn, New York.
- Represented a joint venture between a hedge fund and an operating partner in obtaining an additional $5MM in financing under an existing loan secured by a commercial property in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented a joint venture between a hedge fund and an operating partner during negotiations with an existing lender pertaining to the renovation of a commercial property securing a $50MM loan located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented a joint venture between a hedge fund and an operating partner in obtaining $15MM in financing secured by a commercial property located outside of Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented a publically-traded international corporation related to certain leasing matters pertaining to Georgia properties and in the sale of certain of the corporations commercial and industrial properties.
- Represented a real estate developer during negotiations with an insurance company related to a proposed joint venture to develop certain high-profile properties located in the New Jersey metropolitan area.
- Represented a hedge fund during the acquisition of certain membership interests in a property-owning entity pertaining to a Brooklyn, New York property.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Mentor, 3L Mentorship Program, Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
Publications & Mentions
|Frank David Ditta, Note, Leading the Way in Unconstitutional Delegations of Legislative Power: Statutory Incorporation of the LEED Rating System, 39 HOFSTRA L. REV. 369 (2011).|