Complex Chapter 11 reorganizations, Chapter 7 liquidations, workouts and related litigation and transactions are at the core of Doug Rosner's thriving practice. Described in Chambers USA as "one of the superstars in the bankruptcy arena," Doug represents clients throughout the country and internationally, including corporate debtors, unsecured creditors’ committees, lenders, landlords, unsecured creditors, asset purchasers and trustees. In addition, Doug has counseled lenders and borrowers in corporate and real estate financing transactions and workouts, including asset-backed securitizations, intercreditor agreements and asset-based loans.
- Betsey Johnson LLC in the sale and disposition of its assets in Chapter 11 before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Magic Brands and Fuddruckers, an owner, operator and franchisor of over 200 fast casual restaurants in the United States and Canada, in their Chapter 11 reorganization pending in the District of Delaware.
- High Voltage Engineering Corporation and its ten subsidiaries in their Chapter 11 reorganization involving the restructuring of over $170 million in publicly held senior notes.
- Malden Mills Industries, Inc. as a special debtor in possession financing counsel in its Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Multiple creditors, purchasers of mortgage-backed securities, parties to swaps and other derivative contracts in Lehman Brothers bankruptcy.
- Interactive Data Corporation in MF Global bankruptcy.
- Lead Counsel to Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors in the Chapter 11 cases of Arthur D. Little, Inc., Diomed Inc., Parks Corporation, USM Corporation, Whistler Corporation, CSA, Inc., Martha’s Vineyard Hospital, Inc., National Fish & Seafood, Inc., Cambex Corporation and Thinking Machines Corporation.
- Controlling shareholder and affiliates in Chapter 11 liquidation of April Cornell stores and subsequent restructuring of multi-national business segments.
- OPK, a Russian fund, in acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Biopure Corporation in its chapter 11 case.
- Starwood Capital as plan sponsor in $500 million chapter 11 restructuring of multi-family portfolio owned by PJ Finance Company LLC.
- Windspeed Ventures in purchasing secured debt, providing debtor in possession financing and acquiring substantially all of the assets of Starbak Incorporated in its bankruptcy.
- Gordon Brothers Group, LLC in acquiring the operating assets of Quaker Fabric Corporation in its Chapter 11 case.
- Secured lender in Chapter 11 going-concern liquidation of Gitto Global Corporation, a leading plastics compounder.
- Mortgage lenders in workouts, loan purchases and sales, receiverships and bankruptcies involving condominium construction loans, assisted living facilities, multi-family and commercial properties in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assignee for benefit of creditors in sale of member-owned golf course.
- Representing shopping center landlords in Chapter 11 cases of Ames Department Stores, Inc., Bally's Total Fitness, Barney’s, Inc., Boston Market, Bradlees Stores, Inc., Cherry & Webb, Discovery Zone, Inc., Edison Brothers Stores, Inc., Kmart, Lechter’s, Lauriat’s, Inc., Loews Cineplex Entertainment, Merry- Go-Round Enterprises, Inc., Montgomery Ward & Co., Inc., Old Country Buffets, Rich’s Department Stores, Inc., Strawberries, Inc., This End Up and The Weathervane Retail Corp.
- Representing office landlords in bankruptcy cases of Digital Broadband Communications, Inc., EC Cubed, Inc., The Finova Group, Inc., General Motors Corporation, Howrey LLP, Nortel Networks, Inc., Pinpoint Corporation, Teligent, Inc., Thelen LLP, USG Corporation, Washington Group International, Inc., Winstar Communications, Inc., WorldCom, Inc. and XO Communications, Inc.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Brandeis Alumni Club of Greater Boston, President
- Brandeis University Alumni Association Board of Directors
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Boston Bar Association, Executive Committee and Council, 2008-2011
- Turnaround Management Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Boston Bar Association, Co-Chair, Bankruptcy Law Section, 2006-2008
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Best Lawyers in America, 2005-2013
- Top Bankruptcy Lawyer by Volume, The Deal Pipeline, 2012
- Chambers USA, "America's Leading Business Lawyers," 2003-2012
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004-2011
- Panel Chair, “Ethics for the Debtor and Committee Professionals,” MCLE, November 2011
- Panelist, “Legal Issues Arising in the Sale of A Debtor’s Assets,” Boston Bar Association Bench Meets Bar, May 2010
- Panelist, “Commercial Tranche Battles: Navigating Declining Values, Increasing Defaults & the Credit Crunch,” MCLE, July 2009
- Panelist, “Construction Law Update: Contractor Bankruptcy,” Boston Bar Association, June 2007
- Panelist, “Investing in or Acquiring Underperforming Companies: How the Deal Gets Done,” American Bankruptcy Institute, July 2006