Commercial real estate is the focus of Michael Robinson's practice. Michael counsels and represents land owners, developers (including REITs) and lenders in connection with the conveyancing, planning, development and financing of all types of commercial real estate projects. In particular, he has considerable experience in negotiating and drafting purchase and sale, construction, architectural and related contracts, construction and permanent financing documents and ground lease build-to-suit and other commercial leases. Michael is a Director with the firm.
- Representation of the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority in development and ground lease of the combined 510 room Aloft Boston Waterfront Hotel and Element Boston Waterfront Hotel on D Street, adjacent to the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, in South Boston, MA.
- Representation of Harvard University in development and ground leasing of an approximately 335,000 s.f. mixed-use, retail and 325 unit residential project at Barry’s Corner in Boston (Allston), MA.
- Representation of Boston Properties, Inc. (REIT) in the creation of a tiered, mixed-use, office, retail and residential condominium at Atlantic Wharf, Boston, MA.
- Representation of Partners HealthCare System, Inc. and The Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Inc. in connection with the ground leasing from Emmanuel College and proposed redevelopment of 45 Avenue Louis Pasteur in Boston, MA.
- Representation of New England Development in connection with design, consulting and construction contracts for the following (and many other) projects:
- Redevelopment of Palm Beach Mall, a retail shopping center in West Palm Beach, FL.
- Redevelopment of Chestnut Hill Square, a mixed-use, retail, residential and office project in Newton (Chestnut Hill), MA.
- Redevelopment of Pier 4, a mixed-use, retail and residential project in Boston (Seaport District), MA.
- Representation of Partners HealthCare System, Inc. and The Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Inc. in connection with the ground leasing from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and redevelopment of the Massachusetts Mental Health Center site on Fenwood Road and Vining Street in Boston, MA for use, including by the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health, as an approximately 550,000 s.f. mixed-use, office, clinical, research and mixed-income residential project and mental health care facility.
- Representation of Northeastern University in connection with design and construction contracts for construction of the Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Building in Boston, MA.
- Representation of Joslin Diabetes Center, Inc. in connection with construction contract for construction of the Translational Center for the Cure of Diabetes in Boston, MA.
- Representation of Boston Properties, Inc. (REIT) in the acquisition and further development of The Prudential Center, Boston, MA, the largest (over 3 million s.f.) mixed-use facility in New England, including:
- Development and leasing of 890,000 s.f. office building at 111 Huntington Avenue.
- Development and sale of The Belvedere Condominium at 100 Belvedere Street.
- Development and leasing of Shaw’s Supermarket at 53 Huntington Avenue.
- Development and sale of The Mandarin Oriental Boston Hotel and Residences at 776 and 778 Boylston Street.
- Development and leasing of the Exeter Residences, a high rise residential apartment project at 77 Exeter Street.
- Representation of Post Road Residential/Greenfield Partners in connection with design, consulting and construction contracts for new construction and renovation of Broadway Lofts, an approximately 330 unit, multi-building, mid-rise apartment project in Everett, MA.
- Representation of Greystar in connection with construction and consulting contracts for construction of The Ascent at Spring Hill Station, a 404 unit, high rise apartment project located at 8421 Broad Street, McLean, VA.
- Representation of GTECH Corporation in master planning, subdivision, leasing of office and light manufacturing buildings and sale of 50-acre corporate campus including 200,000 s.f. of office and light manufacturing buildings, in West Greenwich, RI.
- Representation of the owners of Gillette Stadium in development and ground lease of Renaissance Boston at Patriot Place Hotel & Spa, at Patriot Place, a 1.35 million square foot retail, office and hotel complex located adjacent to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA.
- Representation of Partners HealthCare System, Inc. and The Massachusetts General Hospital in development and ground lease of The Liberty Hotel on the site of the former Charles Street Jail in Boston, MA.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Pro Bono work for All Hands Volunteers, Inc. and RAW Art Works, Inc.
- Member Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Real Estate and Environmental Law Curriculum Advisory Committee, 2006 to present
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2017
- Best Lawyers, Boston Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2015
- Named one of “The Best Lawyers in America”
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV PreeminentTM