Danhai Mu handles public offerings, securities law compliance, venture capital financing, cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, technology licensing and general corporate law as Representative Office Counsel in our Corporate and China groups. Danhai advises public and private companies across various industries with an emphasis on counseling companies with China-based operations.
Prior to joining the firm, Danhai served as Associate International General Counsel for a product brokerage company with offices in the United States, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Australia, where he was responsible for all legal matters in connection with the company's international expansion and operation.
- Representation of Sohu.com Inc. in connection with the sale of the game information portal 17173.com to Sohu’s majority-owned subsidiary Changyou.com Limited.
- Representation of a China-based online game developer and operator in its initial public offering on NASDAQ.
- Representation of a top NASDAQ-listed Chinese online travel services provider as US general corporate and securities counsel.
- Representation of a China-based credit card services company in its private placement of $21 million preferred stock in a venture capital financing.
- Representation of a telecommunications company in connection with its private placement of $55 million preferred stock in a venture capital financing.
- Representation of a developer and manufacturer of medical diagnostic imaging systems in connection with its private offering of preferred stock and convertible debt to a strategic investor with joint-development, technology licensing and buy-sell arrangements.
- Representation of a domestic telecommunications company in connection with its $150 million acquisition by a global public telecommunications company by way of a tax-free, stock-for-stock merger.
- Representation of a Hong Kong based public toy manufacturing company in connection with its asset acquisition of a US toy company.
- Represented an internationally recognized teaching and research hospital in its multi-year collaboration with a leading life science publisher on continuing medical education.
- Outside general counsel representation of a nonprofit organization promoting universal basic education in China.
Professional and Community Involvement