Gene Barton is a corporate lawyer, advising private equity firms, strategic aquirors and entrepreneurs on middle-market merger and acquisition transactions. He also serves as outside General Counsel to corporations providing strategic business advice.
Gene has over 30 years’ experience working with U.S. and international clients in a wide spectrum of industries including healthcare, manufacturing, retail and technology. Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Gene worked at an Am Law 100 firm, where he established himself as a leading sell-side mergers and acquisitions attorney with more than $2 billion in transactions over the past five years.
- Representation of Cloud Technology Partners in its sale to HPE.
- Representation of Minuteman Technology in its sale to Prospect Partners.
- Representation of Argotec in its sale to Scheweitzer-Maudit International.
- Representation of Advanced Scientifics in its sale to Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Representation LBP Manufacturing in its sale to the Pritzer Group.
- Representation of Argotec in its acquisition of J.P. Stevens Elastomerics.
- Representation of Novel Ingredient Services and AdvantraZ in their sale to GenNx360.
- Representation of Return on Intelligence in its merger with Exigen Services.
- Representation of Wind Point Partners in its acquisition of Argotec.
- Representation of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s sale of its LWS business to Open Gate Capital.
- Representation of Xcellerex, a Kleiner Perkins portfolio company, in its sale to GE Healthcare.
- Representation of Thermo Fisher Scientific in its acquisition of Princeton Securities Technologies Inc.
- Representation of Wrapsol in its sale to Otterbox.
- Representation of Cloud Technology Partners in its venture capital financing, led by Oak Investment Partners.
- Representation of Le Papillon Ltd. and Phoenix Glass in their sale to Ileos, an Oaktree Capital Management portfolio company.
- Representation of Nutravail in its merger into the FRS Company, an Oak Partners portfolio company.
- Representation of Calnetix Power Solutions in its sale to GE Power Solutions.
- Representation of Direct Drive Systems in its sale to FMC Corp.
- Representation of Natural Products Joint Venture, an affiliate of PepsiCo, in its acquisition of Merck’s Natural Products Division.
- Representation of Venture Tape Corporation in its sale to 3M.
- Representation of the management of HCPro in leverage recapitalization led by Halyard Capital.
- Representation of Published Image, Inc. in its sale to Standard and Poors.
- Representation of Cross Industry Communications in its sale to Protocol Holdings.
- Representation of A.W. Chesterton Company in the sale of two of its divisions.
- Representation of the Consolidated Group, Inc. in its sale to Health Plan Systems.
- Representation of Qiave Technologies Corporation in its sale to WatchGuard Technologies Corporation.
- Representation of The Credit Network in its sale to Kroll.
- Representation of Venture Tape in its acquisition of BOMA.
- Representation of Beacon Fiduciary Advisors in its sale to the Bank of New York Company.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, National Association of Venture/Private Equity Backed CFOs
- Speaker, “Not All Deals Require an Auction: When it Pays to Do a Proprietary Deal,” Financial Executives Alliance (May 2017)