Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 2011
Northeastern University, M.B.A., 2011, beta gamma sigma
Vermont Law School, M.A., 2011, summa cum laude
Middlebury College, B.A., 2005
Jonathan is a real estate attorney focusing his practice on the acquisition, disposition, financing, leasing and development of commercial real estate. He represents developers, landlords, tenants, lenders and investors, primarily in the office, multifamily, hotel and retail industries. Jonathan handles the drafting and negotiation of purchase & sale agreements, loan and closing documentation and commercial leases for clients nationally.
- Representation of an international property owner and investor in repositioning of Boston Financial District office building, including day-to-day management of the asset, the leasing of over 320,000 square feet of space, and the negotiation of one 150,000 square foot lease.
- Represented international hotel chain in all aspects of long-term air rights lease and development of a Boston hotel. This representation involved the review and negotiation of complex title documents to provide for adequate access and use of the leased premises.
- Represented a landlord in connection with the 45,000 square foot retail lease on Newbury Street in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood.
- Representation of a major life insurance company in connection with the acquisition of an office building portfolio in the northeast and west coast.
- Representation of commercial landlords in the leasing of a range of mixed-use properties.These properties feature retail and office assets located in both urban and suburban locations throughout the country.
- Represented publicly-traded real estate investment trust in a transaction involving the ground lease/leaseback of approximately 700,000 square feet of medical office building space. This representation involved the negotiation of complex reciprocal easement agreements and navigating regulatory concerns.
- Representation of a leading global asset manager in the acquisition and financing of multifamily properties in the eastern and southern United States, including the drafting and negotiation of closing and title documentation.
- Represented a global insurance company as lender in the $310 million mortgage loan financing of a premiere office property in Boston, Massachusetts. Also represented the same client as lender in the $96 million mortgage loan financing of a landmark urban office property on the east coast.
- Representation of a real estate investment and management firm in connection with leasing of Class A office space in Boston, Massachusetts across multiple assets.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Co-Chair, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Developing Leaders Committee
- Former Co-Chair, Boston Bar Association Leasing Subcommittee
- Member, Boston Bar Association Real Estate Section
- Admissions Interviewer, Middlebury College Alumni Association
- Panelist, "Financing a Commercial Lease: A Landlord's Bridge Between Lender and Tenant," Boston Bar Association, May 15, 2015