Civil, business and commercial litigation matters, tax abatement, probate litigation, environmental matters, business torts, access litigation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Architectural Access Board regulations, products liability and real estate and leasing disputes make up Len Freiman's thriving practice. Len has substantial trial experience, both at the court and administrative level, as well as in the arbitration context. Len is a Director in Goulston & Storrs' Litigation practice group and previously served as Co-Chair of the Litigation Group for nine years. He brings 30 years of experience to his clients.
Len's prior experience includes law clerk for The Honorable John P. Wiese, United States Claims Court, and law clerk for The Honorable Albert V. Bryan, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- Defended Rogers Communications, Canada’s largest wireless communications company, in an action seeking damages and injunctive relief for alleged misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract in connection with unsuccessful negotiations to license the plaintiff’s wireless technology. Case was dismissed based on the successful invocation of a contractual forum selection clause.
- Defended the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway Conservancy against claims by Occupy Boston that it had an ongoing right to occupy portions of the Greenway in Downtown Boston.
- Handled all aspects of Massachusetts' tax abatement proceedings including the filing and prosecution of tax abatement applications with local assessors and appeals to the Appellate Tax Board.
- Handled expedited appeal on behalf of local sports and entertainment venue of denial of its request for a concert license by a local board of selectmen. Within two days, the Superior Court reversed the board's decision and issued a final decision on the merits in favor of the venue granting the license.
- Multimillion-dollar insurance dispute on behalf of a prominent international insurance company that was tried over a two-month period.
- Handled contested conservatorship proceeding in Probate Court.
- Adjudicatory proceedings before the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection over Massachusetts' Wetlands Protection Act issues.
- Declaratory judgment action concerning the continued viability of a 20-year old easement.
- Subrogation action with respect to circumstances surrounding December 1995 Malden Mills’ fire.
- Defending Americans with Disabilities Act access claims against a variety of venues including hotels, parking lots, shopping malls and a sports complex. Handled access claims under Commonwealth's disability regulations as well.
- Representation of commercial landlord in dispute with tenant over roof leak issues and tenant’s attempt to terminate its lease as a result.
- Products liability cases regarding allegedly defective medical instrument, industrial machinery and consumer products.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Temple Beth Elohim of Wellesley, MA
- Former Wellesley Little League Board Member (two separate terms)
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2008 - 2016