Jeff Utz is a real estate lawyer with experience in matters involving land use and development, zoning, historic preservation, municipal law and urban renewal.
He represents clients in the development of mixed-use, residential, office, retail, institutional, and embassy/consulate/diplomatic mission projects throughout the District of Columbia.
Jeff counsels clients through a wide range of land use and zoning issues, representing them before virtually every public forum in the District of Columbia, including the Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA), the Zoning Commission, the Foreign Mission Board of Zoning Adjustment (FMBZA), the Historic Preservation Review Board (HPRB), the National Capitol Planning Commission (NCPC), and the D.C. City Council.
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association: Special Recognition for Leadership on the DC Comprehensive Plan
- Chambers USA, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, District of Columbia, 2020, 2021 (Band 2)
- Bisnow’s top “35 under 35” in Washington, D.C. Real Estate, 2007
- Washington Business Journal "Top Guns" Young Lawyer Award, 2007
- Board of Directors, The DC Golden Triangle Business Improvement District
- DC Building Industry Association (DCBIA)
- Board of Directors
- Co-Chair, Public Policy and Regulations Committee
- Jubilee Support Alliance (JSA), Past-President
- The Real Estate Group of DC
- DC Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 2003)
- University of North Carolina (B.A., 1996)