John Arsneault is a technology management executive, a venture capitalist and a startup advisor. With over 30 years in the technology industry, his expertise is in strategy and execution within the realm of growing a business. John’s experience spans technology startups, legal services, academia, financial services and consulting. He has lead efforts across early-stage startups, mid-sized organizations and large-scale operations.
As the Chief Information Officer at Goulston & Storrs, a top US law firm, John is responsible for the firm’s technology infrastructure, application portfolio, security, support services, knowledge & research services, PMO and records management. In this role he is focused on improving client experience, growth opportunities and efficiency via technology adoption.
John is also the Founder and General Partner of Portfolio X, a venture company that invests in emerging technology via private market exchanges, SPVs and incubators. Investments include: Lyft, Pinterest, DocuSign, MongoDB, Draft Kings, SpaceX, Cloudera, Nutanix, Digital Ocean, Netcapital, 23andMe, Instacart, Betterment, Superhuman and Edgewise Networks.
In addition, Mr. Arsneault serves on the Advisory Boards of:
• Netcapital - a startup investment platform.
• The Legal Tech Fund - a venture capital firm focused on legal technology.
• Intapp - a business systems company with a focus on legal and financial services.
• Privva - a risk management platform with focus on data security and compliance.
John is a member of The Wall Street Journal’s CIO Network, CNBC’s Technology Executive Council, The Forbes Technology Council and The Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council. He is a speaker at the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA), Argyle's Information Technology Forum and Apex Assembly’s CIO Summit. He is annual attendee at Recode’s Code Conference and Y Combinator’s Demo Day. John also contributes to Venture Fizz, a Boston tech startup website and routinely publishes articles on Medium.
John holds certificates in education from Harvard Business School in Delivering Information Services and Building Advantage Through Operations.
*John Arsneault is not a practicing attorney.
- Member – The Wall Street Journal’s CIO Network
- Member – CNBC’s Technology Executive Council
- Member – The Forbes Technology Council
- Member - Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council
- Speaker - International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Speaker – Apex CIO Summit
- Speaker - Argyle Information Technology Forum
- Attendee - Recode’s annual Code Conference
- Attendee – Y Combinator’s Demo Day
- Contributor - Venture Fizz - a Boston tech startup website
- Harvard Business School (Certificate, 2006)