Karen Kupetz is the Senior Director of Legal Recruiting for Goulston & Storrs, resident in the New York office. She leads the firm’s legal talent acquisition efforts with a specific focus on lateral partners and the successful integration of their practices into the firm. Karen brings an innovative and strategic approach to talent acquisition and integration that is grounded in best practices across recruiting, business operations, marketing, business development and client service.
Karen brings over 15 years of recruiting experience to her role at Goulston & Storrs, both as a recruiter in search agencies as well as in law firms. As a search firm recruiter, Karen often worked alongside law firm leadership and corporate CEOs to identify top talent that aligned with their business and talent management goals. Karen recently served as the National Director of Recruiting for an Am Law 100 firm where she achieved above-market growth and surpassed diversity and inclusion hiring targets while using the most cutting-edge methods available.
Having begun her career as a bankruptcy lawyer in New York and Los Angeles, Karen has first-hand knowledge of what is important to successful attorney integration and uses that experience to help partners make career transitions smoothly.
*Karen Kupetz is not a practicing attorney
- National Association of Law Placement (NALP), Member, 2012 – present
- Emerging Employers Task Force, 2016-2017
- “Gearing Up for Lateral Recruiting in the New Year,” NALP Bulletin (December 2014)
- Presenter at 2007 NALP Conference on effective team-based recruiting strategies
- New York City Legal Recruitment Association (NYCRA), Member, 2018 - present
- Los Angeles Area Legal Recruitment Association (LAALRA), Member, 2012 - 2017
- “The New Wave of Recruiting: How we can learn from other industries,” Panelist at LAALRA 2017 Annual Education Conference
- Policy Committee Chair, 2014 – 2015
- National Association of Legal Search Consultants (NALSC), Member, 2015 – Present
- "The Importance of Building Strong Client Relationships," Panelist at NALSC 2017 Annual Conference
- Claremont Community Foundation, Board Member and Personnel Committee Chair, 2012 – Present
- Loyola Law School (J.D., 1997)
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A., with honors, 1992)
- Phi Beta Kappa