The design and use of tax-efficient wealth transfer strategies is a core strength of Andrew Rothstein. Andrew advises a variety of clients including entrepreneurs, private equity investors, holders of investment portfolios and real estate owners. Andrew is a Director in the firm's Private Client & Trust Group.
- Drafting of documents to implement estate, asset protection, and business succession plans.
- Structuring and implementing special purpose trusts, family entities, valuation discounts, buyout agreements, asset freezes, split interests, and charitable gifts.
- Advising professional and family executors and trustees in the administration of estates and trusts and associated tax matters.
- Counseling clients in understanding and meeting tax reporting obligations.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Member, Boston Estate Planning Council
- Boston Bar Association
- Member and Co-Chair, Trusts & Estates Section
- Past Co-Chair, Estate Planning Committee, Trusts & Estates Section
- Past Co-Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee, Trusts & Estates Section
- Past Co-Chair, New Developments Committee, Trusts & Estates Section
- Past Co-Chair, Legislative Committee, Trusts & Estates Section
Awards and Recognition
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Rising Stars: 2007 - 2012