Real estate development, public and private finance, statutory, regulatory and financing issues in the transportation field, and legislation are at the core of Doug Husid's expansive practice. Doug has developed a recognized expertise in development and permitting of large-scale projects.
Doug is a former Co-Managing Director of Goulston & Storrs and served in that capacity for 18 years. He has practiced law in both the public and private sectors, and has developed far-ranging expertise as a result. As noted in Chambers USA, Doug "has tremendous substantive knowledge and sophisticated understanding of the industry. He's extremely practical and takes a businesslike, hands-on approach.”
Before joining Goulston & Storrs, Doug served for four years as Chief of Staff for the Massachusetts Executive Office of Transportation and Construction (EOTC), where he supervised and coordinated the agency’s legal, policy and administrative staff and oversaw its environmental, legislative and regulatory activities.
- Represent Harvard University in the master plan development of a new campus on several hundred acres of land in the North Allston neighborhood on the Boston side of the Charles River.
- Represent Partners HealthCare System, Inc. on the development of Parcels 6 and 7 in the Charlestown Navy Yard, including acquisition of the site and permitting for a new building to be constructed.
- Represented the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA) in connection with the development of the Boston Convention Center.
- Represent Dana Farber Cancer Institute in the permitting and construction of a 215,000 square foot clinical and research facility.
- Represented the New England Patriots in permitting of new stadium and economic development area.
- Representing Care Group in the development of an integrated wellness facility including training facility for the Boston Celtics, health club and medical offices.
- Counsel Partners Health Care and the Massachusetts General Hospital in a variety of real estate matters including the development of a new 650,000 square foot ambulatory care facility and the redevelopment of the historic Charles Street Jail into a hotel.
- Played a leading role in the development of South Bay Center, the largest retail development in the City of Boston in the past several decades.
- Represented Stop & Shop in the permitting of a number of Stop & Shop Supermarkets in the City of Boston and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Represented Fenway Ventures in the acquisition, development and financing of the 570,000 square foot mixed-use "Trilogy" development and 1330 Boylston Street, and a 290,000 square foot mixed project, in the Fenway area of Boston.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board Member, Massachusetts Port Authority
- Board Member, CERES
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Best Lawyers in America, 2008-2017
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2005 - 2016
- “America’s Leading Business Lawyers,” Chambers USA 2005-2016