Dan Valenti focuses his practice on structuring and negotiating real estate joint ventures, mortgage and mezzanine financing, and acquisitions and dispositions.
Real Estate Joint Ventures
- Representation of Oxford Properties Group and The Related Companies, L.P. joint venture in multiple multi-billion dollar debt and equity financings for the construction and development of Manhattan’s Hudson Yards project. The Hudson Yards project is considered the largest private real estate development project in the U.S. and the largest development in New York City since Rockefeller Center in 1939.
- Representation of Federal Realty Investment Trust in structuring and negotiating a joint venture with Primestor Development, providing for Federal Realty Trust’s $345 million investment in a seven property, 1.35 million square foot shopping center portfolio located in Southern California.
- Representation of CrossHarbor Capital Partners in formation of a joint venture for the development of a luxury multifamily rental community in Arizona.
- Representation of Silverback Development in multiple joint venture transactions for the development of luxury condominium and mixed use developments located throughout New York City.
- Representation of private equity fund in connection with preferred equity arrangement with respect to property located in Brooklyn, New York.
- Representation of prominent New York City developer in negotiating private equity real estate investment fund.
- Representation of Jonathan Rose Companies in connection with joint venture structuring and negotiations for the construction and development of a multi-building mixed use project located in Harlem neighborhood of New York City.
- Representation of Jonathan Rose Companies in connection with its acquisition of a general partnership interest in a Maryland affordable housing development.
- Representation of private individual in connection with friends and family joint venture debt fund.
- Representation of Talisker Corporation in connection with its joint venture negotiations for the development of a mixed use project located in Ohio.
Real Estate Finance
- Representation of Cerberus Capital Management joint venture in $1.85-billion refinancing of the Kyo-ya hotel portfolio and later sale of client’s majority interest in the joint venture. The portfolio consisted of landmark hotels located in Hawaii and California, including Moana Surfrider, The Royal Hawaiian, the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, the Sheraton Waikiki, the Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa, and The Palace Hotel.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its $1.02-billion joint venture acquisition, refinancing and eventual disposition of the then 64 hotel Innkeepers hotel portfolio.
- Representation of Tishman Speyer for its $1.53-billion mortgage and mezzanine loan refinancing of Rockefeller Center.
- Representation of Highbridge Capital Management, LLC providing $200 million construction financing for the development and construction of the “New York Wheel,” the world’s tallest observation wheel to be constructed on the north shore of Staten Island.
- Representation of Tricon Capital Group for $600 million refinancing in connection with its acquisition of Silver Bay Realty’s single-family home portfolio.
- Representation of major private equity fund in connection with making a mezzanine construction loan and co-lender arrangements to fund construction of a mixed use building and the largest LED billboard in Times Square.
- Representation of Oxford Properties Group in structuring and negotiating co-lender arrangements for loans secured by properties located in New York City.
- Representation of Column Financial (Credit Suisse) in its origination and sale of approximately $400 million of mortgage and mezzanine debt, secured by two Los Angeles landmark hotels.
- Representation of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in mortgage loan secured by New York City condominium units.
- Representation of Column Financial (Credit Suisse) in its origination and sale of approximately $500 million in mortgage and mezzanine debt, secured by The Four Seasons Hualalai, a Five Diamond, Five Star luxury resort on Maui.
- Representation of Steeprock Capital in various mezzanine loan originations, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Representation of Petra Capital Management in its successful mezzanine loan UCC foreclosure relating to the Allerton Hotel, a historic hotel located on Chicago’s “Magnificent Mile” and its workout with remaining mortgage lender.
- Representation of LCN Capital Partners in its acquisition, leasing and financing of various properties in connection with multiple sale-leaseback transactions.
- Representation of Mount Kellett Capital Management LP/Fortress Investment Group in connection with its portfolio company’s leasing, licensing and development of one of the most advanced New York City communications data centers.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2017