Business planning and strategy, asset and stock sales, debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, entity and board structuring, succession planning and relationships among owners are the heart of Kitt Sawitsky’s practice. Known as a deal maker, he has extensive corporate and real estate related business law experience including in both domestic and cross-border operations and transactions. He has done numerous private equity investments and acquisitions and also serves as general counsel to a number of clients. Throughout his career, he has also been involved in a number of high-profile real estate finance transactions, including workouts and restructurings on behalf of both creditors and debtors.
Kitt served as the firm’s Co-Managing Director for nine years and is also the former Co-Chair of the firm's Corporate Group.
- Suffolk Construction in connection with various aspects of its business operations and governance
- Gordon Brothers as general counsel and in connection with the acquisition and disposition of several national retail chains
- Hunt Companies in its acquisitions of several strategic businesses
- Numerous large privately-held companies with regard to succession planning and ownership and employment relationships among their principals
- Team Launch, as general counsel and in representing various of its portfolio companies, including venture financings with lead investors such as Accel Partners, General Catalyst and Forerunner Ventures.
- Bay State Milling Company in asset acquisitions and technology licensing
- Polaroid in its recapitalization by the Pohlad Family and certain other investors
- Castanea Partners private equity fund, in connection with various portfolio investments, acquisitions and sales
- Shawmut Design & Construction in various aspects of its business
- Not Your Average Joe’s restaurant chain as general counsel
- Betsey Johnson apparel chain as general counsel in all aspects of its international design, wholesale and retail business
- Magic Brands and Fuddruckers, owner and franchisor of over 200 fast casual restaurants, in all aspects of its business
- CRG Partners in its merger with Deloitte to form Deloitte CRG
- Dr. N.V. Perricone in the sale by TSG Capital of Perricone MD to Lion Capital
- Hearts on Fire in connection with its strategic relationships, including the sale of the company to China’s largest jewelry retailer
- Rue La La e-commerce business in connection with all aspects of its online business
- OXFAM America as general counsel
Professional and Community Involvement
- Counsel and Member of The Board of Trustees, OXFAM America
- Member of The Board of Trustees, Strategies for Children, Inc.
- Member of the Board of Overseers, New England Aquarium
- Former Chairman of The Board of Directors, STRIVE-Boston Employment Service, Inc.
- Member of The Board of Trustees, Open Learning Exchange
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004 - 2014
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2017