Estate planning and estate settlement, trust administration, and estate, gift and generation-skipping taxation matters are at the center of Magda Fleckner's practice. In addition to serving as trustee for numerous private trusts, Magda is also executor for estates of varying size and is well-regarded for her experience overseeing the complexity of these estates, assisting clients through the probate process, coordinating the authentication and disposition of valuable assets and rendering sound advice on fiduciary responsibilities and alternative tax arrangements.
Magda is the co-author of the annual supplements to Newhall's Settlement of Estates and Fiduciary Law in Massachusetts, published by Thompson Reuters and considered the premier work on estate settlement and fiduciary law in Massachusetts. She frequently lectures and writes on topics concerning estate planning, probate and trust matters. Magda is a Director in the Private Client and Trust group and has been practicing for more than 25 years.
- Substantial experience in estate planning and settlement for high net worth individuals, families, company executives, venture capitalists and owners of emerging businesses.
- Advises clients on all aspects of charitable planning while working with firm professionals including philanthropic advisers, financial planners, and accountants.
- Involved in the active administration of marital trusts, family trusts, generation-skipping trusts and other sophisticated arrangements which routinely require working with individuals of second and third generations of families.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board of Overseers, Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Past Co-Chair, New Developments Committee, and Current Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Greater Boston Fiduciary Law American Inn of Court
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dartmouth Lawyers Association
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America, 2007-2018
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2007 - 2015
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005
Seminars & Events
|Panelist, "In-House Counsel: Preparing for the Unexpected," Goulston & Storrs|
|Panelist, "Problems and Opportunities, Including the New 2010 Estate Tax Federal Law and the MUPC," MCLE|
|Panelist, "Estate Administration, Post-Mortem Estate Planning and Planning for the Surviving Spouse," MCLE|
|Panelist, "The New Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code," BBA|
|Panelist, "Estate Planning for Grandchildren and Beyond," MCLE|