We provide practical legal and business advice on matters ranging from everyday operational concerns to significant events in the lifecycle of client businesses. Our substantial experience representing closely-held and family businesses includes:
- Structuring and formation of corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs) and partnerships with business, legal and tax objectives in mind
- Providing advice regarding governance and evolving board composition.
- Providing advice regarding stockholder and employee relationships.
- Providing guidance with regard to joint ventures, strategic partnerships, and other strategic alliances, both domestic and international.
- Working up creative solutions for buyout agreements, exit strategies, business valuations and related agreements.
- Tax counseling with regard to income tax exposures and strategic planning for optimal after-tax performance, including counseling related to special events such as mergers and acquisitions.
- Protection and leveraging of intellectual property assets.
- Facilitating financing transactions of all kinds related to public and private offerings of securities, secured and unsecured loans and bond financings, and venture capital or private equity transactions.
- Due diligence work and counseling related to acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, management buy-outs and other business reorganizations.
- Facilitating expansion into new markets, providing clients not only with regulatory advice, but introductions to potential partners and key figures in new areas.
- Ownership and management succession planning, including both estate and succession planning for owners of family businesses with children who are either active or inactive in the business.
- Assisting in family legacy planning and family governance, addressing issues related to succession, structure, compensation, philanthropy and other matters.
- Drafting and negotiating important commercial contracts.