Tax Issues With M&A Representations, Warranties, and Indemnifications: Reps and Warranty Insurance, Proceeds
Directors Gregory Kaden, Jonathan Stein, and Attorney Alexandria (Andria) Williams are coming together to discuss how representation and warranty provisions are critical components of M&A deals. They will explore the use of representation and warranty insurance and how it has drastically changed the landscape of how these important deal terms are negotiated. The role of counsel and adviser will be examined as you learn how to carefully consider provisions and their tax implications when structuring purchase agreements.
This panel will also explore the following questions in depth:
- How is representation and warranty insurance used in mergers and acquisitions?
- What are the key tax considerations for representation and warranty insurance?
- What is the tax treatment of indemnification payments?
- What is the tax treatment of insurance costs?
- What are the advantages of representations and warranties insurance to buyers and sellers?
- Use of representation and warranty insurance in REIT and S corporation transactions