Karen O’Malley is a real estate attorney who represents a diverse range of clients, including large public and private real estate companies, as well as some smaller businesses and non-profits.
Her practice focuses on retail and office leasing within mixed-used properties. In the retail context, she often counsels landlords leasing to national, regional and local tenants, anchor and junior anchor retailers, entertainment facilities and restaurants. In the office context, she represents landlords and tenants in connection with office building leases, including lease arrangements for corporate headquarters and mixed-use developments.
Karen also has extensive experience in all other aspects of real estate practice, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, financing and leasing.
Her projects are often transportation-centered, mixed used projects, including new developments and redevelopments, as well as enclosed malls and lifestyle centers. Karen is also a Co-Chair of the firm's Retail, Restaurant & Consumer Group as well as the firm's Pro Bono Committee.
- Member, Chief, Advancement for Women
- Member, Georgetown University Law Center Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute (ACLI) Advisory Board
- Member, Northeastern University School of Law (NUSL) Women in the Law Advisory Group
- Member, CREW Boston (formerly NEWIRE)
- Founding Board of Advisors, Victim Rights Law Center
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Editorial Board, Shopping Center Legal Update, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member, School Council Advisory Board, Mason Rice Elementary School
- Co-Chair, Pro Bono Committee, Goulston & Storrs
- Boston College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1991)
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D., 1994)