Tom Sartory is a litigator who handles business disputes, professional malpractice defense and intellectual property defense.
Tom’s election in 1996 as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers testifies to his extensive trial experience and high-quality work.
Chambers USA describes him as "an intelligent, thorough, resourceful, practical and effective litigator."
He is also the author of the "Licensing" chapter in Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts, 4th edition, a 14-volume series published by West Publishing and the American Bar Association.
Prior to becoming Of Counsel, Tom also served as the firm’s General Counsel for more than twenty years.
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Best Lawyers in America® (1996-2020): Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Intellectual Property
- Chambers USA, “America’s Leading Business Lawyers”, 2011-2012
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004 –2018
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Commissioner, Massachusetts State Ethics Commission (2015-present)
- Committee on Professional Ethics, Massachusetts Bar Association (1988-present)
- Committee on Human Studies (“IRB”), Harvard Medical School (1980-1992)
- Former Chair, Business Litigation Committee, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Former Special Counsel to Massachusetts Judicial Conduct Commission
- Loyola University (B.A., 1966)
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1969)