Real estate is the focus of Mitch Baron's practice. He represents clients in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of all categories of real estate, joint ventures utilizing limited liability companies and other entities, commercial leasing for landlords and tenants (office, retail and industrial), ground leases, commercial brokerage, corporate real estate issues, development, institutional lending and investing and other complex commercial real estate transactions. Mitch is a Director in our real estate group.
- Purchases and sales of numerous office and industrial buildings in the New York City area and throughout the country.
- Office leasing for landlords and tenants in the New York City area and throughout the country, encompassing millions of square feet, including the representation of the Gift Industry in connection with its relocation to and leasing of the 400,000 square foot New York City Gift Mart and the leasing of a headquarters building for a multi-national public company.
- Ground leasing for landlords and tenants, including the ground lease and development of a New York City headquarters building for a multi-national public company.
- Retail leasing for landlords and tenants in the New York City area and throughout the country, including the leasing of retail bank branches throughout the Northeast for a multi-national financial institution.
- Coordinated the representation of numerous owners of property under the Highline on the West Side of Manhattan in connection with the conversion of the Highline to a public park and the rezoning of West Chelsea.
- Joint ventures for the purchase and development of office and industrial buildings.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, New York State Bar
- Member, New York City Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM