McGill University, B.A., 1987, with great distinction
McGill University, LL.B., 1991, with honors,
McGill University, B.C.L., 1991, with honors,
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Securities law, business litigation and attorney malpractice defense are at the center of Richard Rosensweig's litigation practice. Rich represents a variety of corporate clients before federal and state courts, arbitration panels, the Securities and Exchange Commission and other securities-related organizations. He also advises directors, companies, financial services firms, investment advisers, and insurers in connection with regulatory inquiries, reporting and accounting requirements and insider trading. Rich is an approved FINRA Dispute Resolution Arbitrator and is fluent in French. A Director in the Litigation Group, Rich also sits on the firm's Executive Committee and serves as the firm's General Counsel.
- Representing sponsors and targets in going private transactions involving senior debt financing, sub-debt financing, real estate lender financing, equity financing and management roll-overs.
- Defending public companies and their directors and officers before federal courts around the country in class actions asserting securities fraud.
- Defending directors and officers in connection with shareholder suits asserting breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representation of former outside directors of an international agricultural cooperative sued by an ERISA Plan Administrator and the Department of Labor in connection with the oversight of Plan Trustees.
- Defending life insurers regarding sales practices used in marketing life insurance products.
- Representing shareholders and directors in lawsuits regarding their corporate rights.
- Defending investment companies in shareholder class action suits and regulatory investigations.
- Advising independent directors in connection with regulatory and internal investigations of securities law and other violations.
- Litigating claims arising from M&A transactions.
- Defending law firms in connection with malpractice and other claims.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Richard has served on Boards of a variety of legal and community origainzations, including: Boston Bar Association, Securities Litigation Committee Co-Chair; Meritas, Board of Directors; Boston Children's Hospital, Board of Overseers; Boston Public Library Foundation, Board of Directors; Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers, Hearing Committee; Raising a Reader Massachusetts, Board of Trustees; and Boston Symphony Orchestra, Business Partners Committee
- Finra Dispute Resolution Arbitrator
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM